Park West Health Systems, a network of Federally Qualified Community Health Centers in northwest Baltimore City, has been providing patient-centered and holistic healthcare and dental services for more than 45 years in Baltimore City. Become a part of our care team!
Park West Health Systems is seeking a licensed psychologist or licensed therapist to help us build our burgeoning Substance Use Disorders program. The ideal candidate would be a clinician with minimum 3 years’ experience in SUD program management and provision of culturally competent substance use disorder care, preferably in a setting with medically assisted treatment.
Our agency is seeking a flexible, innovative, and adaptable clinician who enjoys multi-disciplinary team work and program development. Grants administration, managerial & program-building experience is a plus, as this is a hybrid clinical and administrative role with growth potential.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Work requires the knowledge of theories, principles, and concepts typically acquired through completion of a Doctorate or Master’s Degree in social work, psychology, or closely related mental health field and three years of previous experience within SUD program management. Ph.D/Psy.D, LCPC, LCSW-C, LCADC and Maryland Board Approved Drug and Alcohol Supervisor Required
Responsibilities will include:
- Providing direct clinical services according to patient’s individual treatment plan. Direct services will include supportive mentoring, behavior management, crisis intervention, social skills, therapeutic counseling, etc.
- Maintaining documentation on patient services and therapeutic interventions.
- Providing supervision and operations support to a community-based outpatient substance use disorders treatment center within an integrated healthcare setting.
- Developing programs that meet the needs of the patient population through educational programs, care management, therapeutic programs, seminars, community outreach, and advocacy.
- Exploring and incorporating complimentary medicine practices in supporting substance use recovery.
- Becoming well-versed in harm reduction, stages of change, and MAT treatment modalities.
- Ensuring SUD program operates in a smooth and orderly manner according to the department, medical center, and all appropriate regulatory agency guidelines.
- Coordinating programming with assigned personnel.
- Managing decisions about hiring, employment performance appraisals, promotions, and terminations.
- Creating program policies and procedures and collaborating with senior management to provide recommendations for changes and enhancements to the SUD program.
- Creating a collaborative relationship with other departments including behavioral health and medicine.
- Supervising daily program operations, which may include billing, managing expenditures, medical records, and periodic clinical reports.
- Preparing grants, drafts, and other fiscal documents with other staff members.
- Prepares various reports for outside federal/state agencies and management.
Competitive salary commensurate with experience & excellent benefits. Please send a CV and cover letter to Chief of Medicine, Dr. Natalie Spicyn, firstname.lastname@example.org